Currently, I'm performing in the Radio City Music Hall Spring Spectacular. In the dressing room, the gorgeous dancers with whom I perform, have been asking me lots of questions about training and nutrition. You're probably thinking, but, wait don't they already have it all figured out. Here's the thing, they are just like you. Over many years of my training the acrobats of Cirque du Soleil to clients in NYC to celebrities and new moms, I have found that you all have similar questions and challenges. Yes, an individual's desires/goals and career/athletic expectations will vary but there is a constant amongst everyone.
The body, mind and soul benefit from challenge, support, balance, individual adaptation, discipline and consistency.
So, when you're admiring a particular actress who's gotten her body back into shape after having just had a baby or your favorite college basketball star, know that, you, like them can achieve and live your greatest unique body goals too.
THE HOW TOs
- Feel in to how you want to feel, to be, to look.
This process of reflection and insight then determines your set goals.
- Plan a balanced approach. Choose various training techniques to strengthen, challenge and stretch you.
- Eat clean. Feed your body appropriately and you will see and feel your desired results.
- Hire a trainer/mentor to guide you and hold you accountable.
- Be consistent. Though you won't spend several hours a day training as we athletes do, you can develop daily habits (10 minutes to 2 hours training) that will connect you to your body that day and further you towards your goals that month.
YOU ARE YOUR OWN UNIQUE ATHLETE.
LIVE YOUR DESIRES.
LOVE YOUR LIFE.